May 23, 2010

One man's trash is another's....

I made the trip down to my favorite vintage store on the South Coast (Retro Wombat) again and have fallen for this old butter churner from Cherry & Sons Pty Ltd butter company Melbourne.

I'm not good with sourcing antiques and have no idea of it's inherent value, although all that does not seem to matter as its aesthetic appeal perched on a clean white surface mantel is all that matters to me. I love mixing a feature old piece like this with its rusty handle and blistered wood against contemporary furniture round my home as I feel it adds legacy to what would otherwise be modern and unblemished decoration.

I recommend sourcing pieces like this that provide a point of interest as they do not belong on a dusty shelf of an old store, but are owed appreciation as decoration items in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment