May 30, 2010

Cards from the Heart

I must admit I have developed a secondary bad habit to my cookbook collection obsession and it is collecting vintage papers and ribbons. I guess in this hallmark card age it is so easy to pay $6.95 for a very generic card in which you end up spending many minutes browsing through the many rows by category of occasion trying to find something that exudes a fraction of originality when you realise you could have made something yourself in that time!

...so I have taken to collecting wrapping paper, ribbon, cut outs of things I love on cards etc and storing them in a little brown box which is my source of all sources when in need of a card - no matter what the occasion. There is nothing more special than receiving homemade card and I recommend taking up the challenge of doing it yourself next time in need and reap both a heartfelt and economic benefit in the process.

You'll Need:
Good card/envelope stock (I found Newton Bookstore to have great packs of 10 for a reasonable price)
Bostik Blue Glue stick (the blue colour makes all the difference cause you can see where you have glued and it clears dry!)
Double sided tape (this stuff is gold in card making - hides many sins!)

A good collection of 'your'style of paper, ribbon, string, buttons, pressed dry flowers - anything you like really. Also recommend a good quality stamp set of the alphabet and an ink pad - Warning: you will find yourself stamping everything you can when you get one (Kikki-K sell them for $24.95).

No comments:

Post a Comment