February 7, 2010

Rainy Day Delight

I love rainy days and this morning I couldn't wait to get out of bed, put my on Uggs and get into the kitchen....


The best brekkie to snuggle up to on such days is the ultimate pancake stack and I believe I can safely declare I have discovered that recipe this morning. My sleepy dear friend can profess after the use of the mix master at a very ungodly hour, a flour covered bench top and a pancake batter covered hot plate - the end product was a little ray of sunshine in what would otherwise have been a dreary start....


...rain, rain come again so I can make pancakes another day!

The Ultimate Strawberry Pancake Recipe
You will need:-
1 cup (250ml) soy milk
2 eggs, separated
3 tsp grated lemon rind
1 cup (150g) self raising flour
1 tsp caster sugar
pinch salt
20g unsalted butter
500g strawberries, hulled and halved
3 tbs honey
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
icing sugar, to dust

Whisk together soy milk, egg yolks, lemon rind, flour, caster sugar & salt. In a dry bowl whisk the egg whites and gently fold through pancake batter. Cook large spoonfuls of the batter in a small fry pan over a medium heat. Store the cooked pancakes on a plate in a low heat oven to keep warm.

Toss strawberries, honey and balsamic vinegar together and serve with the pancakes.
Dust with a little icing sugar if desired. ENjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment