March 14, 2010

Lavender Laundry

I have never been one for domestic chores such as laundry and cleaning. I have in fact pledged to have allergic reactions to bathroom cleaning agents and dust - so vacuuming is definitely out of the question also! (Please do not judge me however as I consider my contribution to running a household is made up for in many other ways)....

However a leaf may since be turned as a result of a recent tip from a lovely lady in a linen store who recommended adding a few drops of lavender oil into the washing machine just before you wash the bed sheets.

After hearing this I was suddenly inspired to take up the duty of washing the bed linen this weekend.....(may I add my new found enthusiasm for household chores was well received by my partner!!).

The result was truly delightful this morning waking up with the crisper autumn morning breeze and the faint smell of lavender under my cheek on the sheets. I had the most restless sleep and while the faint touch of lavender may only last a couple of nights it is a simple but sweet tip.

Picture Source: http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/60-days-of-summer-hot-idea

No comments:

Post a Comment